Malaysia is fast becoming popular for its high-quality education, boasting some of the top universities in Asia.
In fact, the country ranks 11th in the world when it comes to the number of international students. For its neighbouring countries, Malaysia’s high education standard is also well acknowledged. India, for one, is where a great number of inbound students come from.
The Malaysian Government has introduced simplified and hassle-free entry procedures to welcome international students like to study at Malaysian public and private higher educational institutions. A visa is required but the procedure is simple, the visa will be issued upon arrival in Malaysia at the immigration checkpoint provided possession of valid travel documents and a letter of approval for a student pass by the Malaysian Immigration Department is mandatory.
The new revised policy enables the visa to be processed in 14 days time compared to the previous 30 days turn around. Like Malaysia, India produces many of the world’s most outstanding students. That is why both countries work hand-in-hand for the continuation of this achievement.
Over 200 institutions in Malaysia are allowed to recruit international students. Also, one must first apply for a visa before being issued a student pass. However, it is not as complicated as it seems. The process is made easy and simple for every aspiring student. A non-profit company limited by guarantee under the Higher Education Ministry to
Carry out marketing, promotion and recruitment of international students to Malaysia
Requirements to Apply for a Malaysian Student Visa:
* Student visa application form completed and signed by the applicant
* Offer letter from the chosen educational institution approved by the pass & permit division in the Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia.
* Two passport sized photographs
* Two photocopies of the Passport
* Academic transcripts of records
* Proof of full-time course of study approved by the Minister of Home Affairs
* Proof of financial capability to meet course and other expenses
* Health certificate
* Evidence of security and personal bond
* Students have to show their approval letters upon arrival.
* The revised time has been shortened from 30 days to 14 days.
* During the processing time a temporary visa will be issued
* A through screening will be done precisely the Interpol suspect list screening.
* So-called Advance Passenger Screening System (APSS) will be implemented not alone for students; even the parents or guardians of the students who intend to stay during the course of education will be allotted a 12 month visa as well.
* Applying for a Visa and Student Pass and after arriving in Malaysia
* Affixing the Student Pass Sticker and Student Pass/Visa Fees
* The visa will be issued to you upon your arrival in Malaysia at the immigration check point provided the student should have valid travel documents and a letter of approval for a student pass
* The institution will apply for the student pass, prior to the arrival in Malaysia.
* Upon approval, student passes are then granted to international students which will allow them direct entry into Malaysia.
* Within 2 weeks after arrival, the passport will be submitted to the Immigration Department and a student pass sticker will be affixed to it.
The responsibility still extends upon the arrival at the airport in Malaysia; the educational institution’s representative will receive the student at the immigration check-point at the Malaysian airport.
A visa will be issued to at the entry point in the form of an endorsement on the valid national passport. A Special Pass will be issued at the entry point to referring to the nearest State Immigration Department for the issuance of a Student Pass.
Documents required for applying a student pass
* An offer letter or letter of acceptance from the educational institution to the student
* Student Pass Application Form
* Two photocopies of the student’s passport with a validity period of at least 12 months
* Three passport-sized photographs of the student
* One photocopy of the student’s medical health examination report
* Evidence of student’s ability to finance their education cost in Malaysia
* The educational institution is required to sign a Personal Bond as well.
* The fee for a student pass is RM60.00 a year while visa fees range from RM15 to RM90 depending on the student’s county of origin.
* All payments of fees, issuance of student passes and visas as well as renewal of student passes can be done at the respective State Immigration Departments.
* The student passes needs to be renewed yearly.
* The fees in USD depend on the country of origin but do not exceed more than the US $29.41. Student passes usually cost around the US $17.65.
* All international students will be issued an I-card by the Immigration Department after they obtain a student pass sticker.
Especially studying in Malaysia offers international students more than theoretical achievement and an international recognized qualification; the Malaysian educational activity will present students a wealthiest of academic knowledge and vocational skills that will be advantageous for a lifetime.
Above all the reason for Malaysia’s peace and prosperity is their strong composition. And their bilateral relationship with the neighbours is blooming in inviting students to learn and nurture themselves is commendable. It is rightly said there is a place in the sun for everyone who cherishes to visit Malaysia.