UK Tier 2 Visa | Intra company transfer Visa
Tier 2 intra company transfer visa route is aimed at multinational companies based overseas that wish to transfer existing staff (who can prove they have worked for the company overseas for at least 12 months) from a country outside the EEA to the UK branch of the same company. There is a minimum salary requirement (at least 40,000 pounds and at least the minimum salary required for the specific job type under the codes of practice), but under this sub category a Resident Market Labour Test is not required. Applicants can apply for settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) after spending a continuous 5-year period in the UK in this capacity or in combination with other categories.
The important elements the applicant needs to meet are as follows:
- Have worked for a parent company overseas for at least 12 months which has a UK branch that holds a UKBA Sponsor Licence;
- Have been issued a certificate of sponsorship by the UK branch who want to transfer the employee from the overseas company to the UK branch of the same company;
- Score enough points for their ‘attributes’;
- Have enough money for their living costs in the United Kingdom;
- If applying from inside the UK (for leave that would extend the stay under this category to over 3 years) to meet the (basic) English Language requirement.
Companies can choose from one of the four sub categories listed below under which to transfer their employee depending on the company’s goals and objectives:
- Long Term Staff – for companies who want to transfer an established and skilled member of staff to the UK branch for 12 months or more;
- Short Term Staff– for companies who want to transfer an established and skilled member of staff to the UK branch for less than 12 months;
- Graduate Trainee – for companies to send a recent graduate member of staff to the UK branch as part of their graduate training programme with a view to giving them a managerial or specialist role in the company;
- Skills Transfer – for companies who want to send a member of staff to the UK branch to either learn from the UK company how to use their skills and knowledge to work overseas or to share with the UK company the skills and knowledge that they possess.
We help a whole range of companies of varying sizes to transfer their staff from their overseas branch to their UK counterpart. They often inform us of how grateful they are for us helping them to make this process as smooth as possible. If you are a company or an individual and are interested in this category then please book a consultation with us.